Saturday 7 January 2012

Channel Logo Designs

We wanted to create our own TV channel logo rather than using an existing one, to help advertise both the soap and the new channel within the same trailer. Each member of the group made two logos for our channel 'Decs'. Then we evaluate each others work and chose a plan to create into the final product.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Scott Collins




I got inspiration from various existing TV channel logos. My favourite is the bottom one, however, it may be immature for the soap opera we are presenting. The other ome is more grown up, yet, seem to be lacking the professional factor of channels which present soaps such as BBC and ITV.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlotte Morrison
This is my chosen design for our channel logo. I used a greyscale colour scheme so that the logo can easily be applied to any frame in our trailer and the bubble writing within the smaller rectangle connotes youth and creativity, showing that our channel broadcasts shows for all the family - including our soap opera. This is also demonstrated with the outline of the logo as it fades similarly to a pencil line connoting our channel's ability to adapt to the market and produce new, creative shows.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emily Wallace


These are two of the logos I have made to show to the group. For the first idea, I used a plain font but inverted the colours. I then made the front of the font a different colour to the original black and white as it gives it more depth. I have chosen red because its an eye catching colour and stands out a lot. I then went on to create another. I prefer the second design as it is more interesting. It can also be put on all sorts of backgrounds and the colours could be inverted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Devon Dalton


 I have created a black and white logo and inverted the colours to create a second version. I kept the design of the logo very simple and basic so it doesn't cause confusion or look to complicated for a logo that is representing a channel. The font is the most detailed part of the logo and makes the design more  memorable. I chose to use the colours black and white as they would fit in with the black background and white writing we will be using at the end of our soap opera trailer.